Saturday, January 31, 2009

Let's see how is goes???

So I'm finally doing it! Tonight will be the night we finally let Hadley just scream through the night. I'm just getting sooo tired and she hasn't been getting better, she's been getting worse. Her first 4 months of life she was great. She would eat at 8pm, then 2am and then 5am so it wasn't too bad at all. She would just go right back to sleep so I didn't really mind. The last month has been so bad though. She started to wake up at 11pm too which wouldn't be so bad but she would never burp. I would try and try but then I would get so tired that I would lay her down and then an hour later she would fuss again because she needed to burp. Then she's been having nights where she wakes up every 2 hours or is kind of awake and won't go back to sleep so I have to get Steve to swing her in her car seat because my arms are too tired to do it by that point. Anyway I'm just wrecked so we decided it's time! I'm ready to be done with getting up all the time in the night but I'm not ready to hear her cry and cry and cry and cry. It's going to be hard but we'll see how it goes. My poor little baby, she has no idea what is going to happen tonight, I feel so bad.

6 comments:

Nat said...

I think it's harder on the mom than the baby to cry it out. My three younger kids have all gone down and slept through the night pretty well, but Jakob we had to force the situation. The first night was really hard for me, but then by the third night he was sleeping through the night. I think it just becomes habit, really, one way or the other. Good luck, and just buy ear plugs!

Renee' P said...

I understand where you're coming from. It's okay to let them cry, it won't harm them and it's not neglect! She will learn to self-soothe herself soon. Stay strong. Sometimes I put the pillow over my head so I can't hear the screaming. Sometimes that's all you can do.
Good luck!

Jodi said...

You are such a brave women. I have attempted this very thing about 5 times. So far, the longest I have lasted is 15 min. I am a super wimp.

Do you ever give Hadley Mylacon. When Chunk was so refluxy the first 5 mo. we went through bottles and bottles of it. You can buy it at Wal-mart. Anyways not burping is typical of refluxy babies and when they finally do they just spit up like crazy. The Mylacon really seemed to help. I would give it to him at every feeding especially at night.

Carol said...

Zoe I hope you all survived. It is not a fun experience, especially for the parents.

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

Hope it went okay. I took Jodi's advice on the Mylacon too for Paisley and it works wonders. She burps really easily now.
Emy still doesn't sleep through the night and since she is two, she can no longer be contained in a crib. She would jump out of it and then run up and down the hall screaming! We still aren't quite sure what to do about that little girl. I am lucky though...Paisley has already started to sleep through the night. Occassionally she still wakes up, but not till 5 or so in the morning. I feel very lucky! I couldn't handle getting up with two little girls all night long.

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

ugh, well i hear ya, i have slept through the night 4 times in 5 years!! i am not kidding!! i am so tired of it:(