Friday, July 31, 2009

Our trip to England

I've been so bad at writing my blog this summer so I thought I should get caught up before it's too late. Our summer started out with a trip home to England. We were there for 4 weeks but Steve only stayed with us for 2 of those weeks. We had thought that it would be a while before we got chance to go home again but just after Christmas my Dad called me to tell me that he had cancer. It was a crazy time but we decided it would be best to be home when my Dad got his surgery. After 12 weeks of chemo his surgery was scheduled and we went home for almost the whole month of June. Steve wasn't able to be there for the surgery but while he was there we had lots of fun together. My Dad planned a fun holiday to Scarborough which was great! I really love it when we go home and my kids get to do things that I did when I was younger. We went to the beach and weather was lovely and the kids got to go on a donkey ride, we even got crabs legs and the kids thought that was so much fun.


It was kind of weird going home this time, not because going home is weird but it was weird to realise how many things I had forgotten about. One thing I forgot about was buttercups, how crazy is that? I really do love being able to go home and being able to go home for my Dad this time was really important to me. The first two weeks we had lots of fun and we did the last two weeks too but there was lots of traveling back and forth to see my Dad in hospital so it was really busy and made the time go by so fast. It was so hard when I saw my Dad for the first time in the hospital after he had the surgery. My Dad is normally such a strong man but right after the surgery he looked so frail and it was hard for me to see him like that. Each day he got better but it was still hard to see him struggling. I was glad to be there to help my Mom and it was so nice to see the kids play together and have such fun with their cousins. Spencer and Ethan loved playing together, they were such a cheeky pair. The girls even got to go to school with Kezia and Ethan and they even wore uniforms and had school dinners so they could have the full experience.

Living so far away from home really is hard sometimes. I love being with my family and it's so nice when the kids can all spend time together, they really love it. I do feel blessed to be able to live so close to Steve's family, I think without them and some really good friends it would be so bad. I'm blessed I am able to go home so much and my family are able to come here so much too. I could write tons about our trip home but instead I've added a slide show of most of the things we did. I really do have an amazing family. We might a little nuts at times but I wouldn't have it any other way. My Mom and Dad are the best and I'm so lucky to be their daughter. My Dad is recovering well and hopefully he'll keep doing well. Going home was FANTASTIC but it went by way to fast. Thanks Mom and Dad for letting me come home, you're the best and I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!



1 comments:

JaNae said...

Love, love, love the picture of your mom and dad with all the grandkids! I had to look for a while to figure out who's kids belong to who. You make me want to get my kids over to England...run through some fields of buttercups. Glad you got to make some memories!