Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dang that step!

My Mom and Dad have been here for about a week and half and we're having such a great time. I got tickets for the Micheal McClean concert this past Monday so we were all excited. Steve's Mom came with us and we left all the kids with Steve's sister Steph. Trish's family had just got back from California so Tre and Kaylie came over too so Stephy had all 6 kids! We weren't too worried though, they all love their Aunt Steph and Trish was coming to get her kids an hour later.

We got to the concert and had been sitting down for about 15 minutes (it hadn't even started yet) when Steve turned to me and said that Sydney needed to go and get stitches. I thought he was kidding until I saw his Mom on the phone. Steve left to go and meet Trish at community care while we watched the first half of the concert without him. He came back for the 2nd half, it was a wonderful concert and Mom was extra impressed because she was able to say hi to Micheal McClean and he even kissed her hand. I was anxious to get home though to check on Syd, make sure she was ok and see what she looked like because the pictures Steve had taken looked bad.

So here's what happened...

The kids were all just playing and I guess Syd just tripped on one of the toys by the stairs and hit her head on one of the steps and started screaming. Steph got up to check on her but Syd had her hand over her eye. When she moved her hand Steph was a bit shocked I think, she said there was blood everywhere. She called Trish straight away to come over and help her. Poor Steph, she was being so nice to look after my kids and she had to take care of my bleeding child. Also poor Trish because she had just got back from a long drive home from California. I'm so thankful I have such amazing sisters in law, they took such good care of my little Sydney. She's such a tiny little thing and she always freaks out about blood etc... Her 2 nails she ripped off (which she did in the space of 1 week) have almost healed but now she has a nice huge cut above her eyebrow. She had to get 8 stitches, Steve was trying to tell her they looked like vampire stitches because she loves twilight. She really must have hit her head hard and just right because the stairs aren't that sharp, poor little thing. Here's a few pictures so you can see how lovely it looked.

7 comments:

Robin said...

Ouch! She is still beautiful, even with all those stitches!

Nat said...

Oh, that poor girl! Isn't it always how it goes, you think nothing can go wrong and it does! I'm glad you got to enjoy the concert, though.

Mosers said...

Ouch... Poor Sydney :( We did that with Landen, he sliced clear to the bone and there really was a ton of blood. Tell her we think she is tuff!

Jenny Baker said...

Poor Syd. Tyson said that he got a real good look at it at school. He said that her stitches were tiny and cute. Hopefully is heals fast.

jo said...

oh my goodness that's a lot of stitches! hope she's feeling all better now.

Trisha said...

We, your sis-in-laws love you too and would do anything for you and our sweet neices and nephews.

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

Ouch! I even said that out loud when I saw the pictures. I hope she is feeling better.