Friday, December 10, 2010

Halloween

Now don't get too scared ;) This Halloween was a lot less stressful for me than last year because I wasn't putting together the school carnival. It was nice to have a break and just do the normal things. The teachers put together the school carnival which was lots of fun, well everything apart from waiting in line for an hour so my kids could climb up the climbing wall. It's a good job I love my kids because I stayed in line while they went and played.



The next day we went to Albion with our GREAT friends the Layton's and the Staker's. Jaren's boss owns the haunted houses in Albion so we went to go through them and stay the night in this cool converted hotel. Before it actually started we took our kids through the 3 haunted houses and even without people being in them to scare you it was scary! I didn't make it through the 3rd one, Spencer and Maddie were not liking it at all and truthfully neither was I. Syd went through with Steve though. We had a yummy dinner together and then the boys and Kristy went though the haunted houses again while they were running. I'm a total chicken so there was no way I was going in. When they all got back we played games and had a great time together. I should have taken more photo's, it was a cool place. The only pictures we got were of our kids sleeping. It was pretty cool seeing the old buildings, one was a gym that had a track above the bleachers. Another one had a theatre in it but when we went through there something caught on fire so Jaren helped put it out. In the morning we went through the girls dorms, they don't have anything in there but they want to convert it some day. It would be great if it was closer to Idaho Falls, I think people would love it.

We drove home the next day so we could go trick or treating with Steve's family and have our annual get together at my house with everyone. It was a great weekend but also long so this is what our living room looked like at the end of the day :)

1 comments:

Katie Lee said...

I've heard the haunted houses down there are awesome. I've always wanted to go, but cameron is not eh biggest fan of anything scary!!! Love the pictures of your kids!!!