Friday, April 11, 2008

Sydney's 5th Birthday

Well Sydney turned 5 on Friday, I can't believe it! It's so crazy how big all our kids are getting. Sydney is normally the last to wake up of all the kids but she was the first on her birthday, the first thing she said to me was, "it's my birthday today Mom". She was so excited and had been counting down the weeks and days until her birthday. We went out on a date for lunch, Maddie was at school so it was Sydney, Spencer and I. We went to a pizza and pasta place, Syd's choice. She's all about the dates as you'll hear about in a minute. Steve came home on time for once so Syd could open her presents, she was so excited! I felt bad because it was the Elders Quorum Pinewood Derby that night and it had been partly Steve's idea to have one so we went there and all the kids went to Steve's parents house. I felt bad leaving Syd on her birthday but they had fun because Grandma took them all to McDonald's.

Today Syd was excited because she was going on her 2nd date! Last Sunday we were at Steve's parents house like always and Syd went up to her Uncle Rod and told him they should go on a date for their birthday. Sydney was born on Rod's birthday so she always calls him her best pal! He was nice enough to say yes so this afternoon he came to pick her up and off they went. They went to this place called Mongolian Grill which is one of Steve's favorite places to eat and now one of Syd's, (Steve and Syd went on a date there together a few months ago). Anyway after they ate Rod took her to the dollar store and he let her pick a couple of things out, she thought that was great!

Later this afternoon we went to the store to spend the money that my Mom and Dad had sent over for Syd's birthday. She was excited to be able to pick her own things out. Steve's Mom and Dad had given her a couch and dining room set for the doll house that Steve's Dad had built them for Christmas so we were looking for some more things to decorate the doll house. She ended up choosing a bed that came with a barbie, a vanity set and a kitchen that also came with a barbie. They couldn't wait to get home and open it all and both girls have been playing with it since. It looks so cute I'm sure it will all get lots of use so thank you everyone for the lovely gifts.

Sydney really is GREAT! She's such an individual and has her own little personalty, well it's not really little. It's so nice to see her growing up and learning and just being the busy, in her own world, goofy, fun, kind girl that she is. We feel so blessed to be her parents, to be parents to all our kids, they're all amazing, we're so lucky! Tomorrow we're having cake and ice cream so I'll add a pic of that then, she said she wants a castle cake so we'll see how adventurous I'm feeling tomorrow!? Quick update! As you tell I wasn't feeling very adventurous with the cake. It's a good thing that little kids really don't have a clue, she thought it was amazing and I guess that's all that matters!

4 comments:

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

what a great birthday! LOVE the doll house!

Carol said...

The girls knows how to get a free meal already!! Those boys better watch out when she's older beautiful and clever!!!

Cali and Travis said...

Happy Birthday Sydney!

Renee' P said...

Hi Zoe! This is Renee' (Fosburg) Pendergrass now. Remember me from England? I can't believe you are in the same ward as my brother Eric's family. How are you? Are you in touch w/ some of our friends from England? I'd love to hear from you. I also have a blog: vrpendergrasss.blogspot.com
My email is:rsp80@yahoo.com
I saw the picture of your family the past Christmas and you look just the same!!
Your children are beautiful! Congrats on #4!!!