Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Busy week!

Last week my friend sent me her new blog she just started about being organised. Her first challenge was spring cleaning which sadly enough I have never done before! I can keep my house pretty clean but I really hate "cleaning." Anyway I thought I would give the spring cleaning a try because she made it sound like I could actually do it. You just have to clean one room a day so I thought I could handle that. I've actually shocked myself and I've been able to do it. It's nice to see each room after I've finished but it will also be interesting to see how long they stay clean, I guess the most important thing is the deep cleaning. I do have to admit that I cheated a little today. I cleaned the kitchen and I didn't empty the cupboards and clean them out, it was enough dusting above the cabinets and behind the fridge, SICK!!! I feel good about what I did do though so that's all that matters, right? By the end of all this I'm going to have a HUGE pile of junk on my bedroom floor though. There's so many papers, little toys and things like that, that I have to go through but I don't want to overwhelm myself even more so I'll do all that another day.

Also on top of all this I've been potty training Spencer again. I started this last year right before the kids got out of school for summer. He was actually doing really well but then we were outside so much it was hard to keep it going so after being so close I gave in. Then I had Hadley and I haven't had the energy or desire to try again. Well that's a lie, I have tried a few times but every time I did he peed everywhere and I wasn't impressed so I just gave in. I was super worried about doing it again but I knew I had too, especially before summer. Anyway I started on Monday and he's doing so well. He has had a few accidents but I'm so proud and sooo glad he's actually doing it. I feel such a sense of relief. We got him some Thomas the train movies as a bribe to get him to go potty but they never worked. He was so happy to finally be able to get to open them today though, he keeps saying he's a big boy like all his friends. I thought I would take a picture of him in his big boy undies which he was happy to do but he had to have the baby stroller in the picture, he said it would be funny. My big boy and his stroller, how could I not be proud, hahaha!!!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Potty training and Spring Cleaning during the same week - you are brave!

Whitney said...

I talked to him on Tues. night and he was sooo proud and I told him I was too. Way to go Zoe!

Nat said...

I need to potty train Troy...UGH! But for now I'm just concentrating on the spring cleaning thing. I got a late start, but hopefully I'll just double up or something and get done in time!

jo said...

go you! i'm impressed! any tips about potty training boys?

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

oh i LOVE spring cleaning, but i need to make Dayna take the kids out for a few hours, so i can get stuff done, i admire you doing it with 4 kids!!! Oh love the pic with his stroller, so glad Ethan is not the only stroller boy!

Miranda said...

Potty training, I think when it's over Mom's should get a reward! Good Luck with the rest of your cleaning!