Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Better late than never!

Well once again it's been a long time since I've posted anything on here and I'm not actually going to catch up on all of that today either. The reason I wanted to post today was to let my Dad and Steve know how much I love them.

This year for fathers day we weren't with Steve because he had gone back to America after spending 2 weeks in England with us and my family. It was sad not being with him and it was SUPER crazy in sacrament meeting without him. All in all for me it was quite a manic day, I felt abit blahhh and I was so tired. After having a day like that it truly made me appreciate Steve WAY more than I already do. He is such an amazing Dad and husband. He helps me so much with the kids, especially when I get stressed out and need a break. It has been so nice to be here but I have really missed Steve these past 2 weeks. I feel so blessed to have married a man who loves me so unconditionally and puts up with me. I know lots of people think I'm super laid back which I am most of the time but behind closed doors I am quite a stress head. Anyway thank you Steve for loving me, for being the best Dad and husband ever, for working hard every day so we are able to have all the wonderful things we have, YOU ARE THE BEST and I LOVE YOU and can't wait to see you in a few days, YIPPEE!!!
Now onto my Dad! I love my Dad, he really is the best. Growing up I think I was quite cheeky to my Dad but my Dad was and still is always there for me whenever I need him. My Dad organised a FAB holiday to Scarborough which my kids absolutely loved, (I'll write more about that later). It was so nice to spend so much time with him before he had to go and have a major surgery. Going to see him after the surgery was reassuring but also sad. I'm used to my Dad being so strong and to see him frail and weak was hard. My Dad raised me to be strong in the gospel and to stand up for what I believe in and not to be afraid to say it. I am so grateful for that and grateful to be his daughter, to have been taught so many amazing lessons and to have had so many wonderful experiences with him and all our family. I really do love you Dad and I'm so glad you're surgery went well. You're so strong and I know it's hard but keep with it. Thanks for always putting up with me even when I'm cheeky, I love you!

1 comments:

jo said...

what a great tribute to your husband and dad, zoe. we'll be thinking of you and praying for your dad.