Thursday, October 22, 2009

Changes

So this past Sunday I was released from being in the RS presidency. We had known it was coming and in some ways we were excited for the change and the break. I never thought I would ever serve in the RS, I always thought I would be in YW. After serving in RS though I don't think I could ever imagine being in YW now.

Anyway about a week and a half ago I got a call to meet with the Bishop and I knew what was coming. It was an emotional meeting but also something that will be good for me and my family. It didn't take long for them to give me a new calling though, I'm now the ward choir director. When he called me to do that I told him I had no idea how to lead music but that I would learn. It will be good to do something so different and I'll be glad to learn something more about music because I love to sing.

Well it's been almost 2 weeks since I knew we were getting released and I've felt so different. I'd never had a calling where when I got released I felt such a change but I've felt such a difference this time. I truly loved that calling and love the sisters in my ward. I feel so blessed to have been able to serve in RS and be a part of such a wonderful presidency and organisation. I never cared about being in charge so I won't miss that but I will miss the bond with the sisters that my calling gave me.

Even though I'm not in the presidency anymore I still love all the sisters in my ward so much and would do anything for any of them. We have such an amazing ward and I have the greatest friends ever. We have a wonderful unity together and I'm grateful to be a part of a ward where the sisters love each other so much and would do anything for each other. Thanks for all of you that made my calling be the best calling I've ever had. It was fun and I know the new presidency will be GREAT! After going to a couple things already, it's kind of nice not being in charge, it will be nice to have a break and to be able to go to meeting and activities and just enjoy :)

1 comments:

Nat said...

You did such a great job in RS, and I know you'll do awesome in ward choir!