Thursday, October 29, 2009

School Halloween Carnival

Tonight was the Elementary School Halloween Carnival. A few months back I crazily said I would be in charge. I really don't know why I do these things to myself, except I feel bad for my friends who are over the PTO. Anyway so I started planning and things were going together well so I wasn't too stressed. So many teachers volunteered to help and some of my friends did aswell so that made it so much easier. We were able to do the spook alley upstairs too this year so that made things was less stressful. I wish I had taken pictures of that, I think it turned out pretty cool.

My friends helped me out sooo much! It's so nice to have such wonderful friends who would help you out with anything so THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU!!! Thanks to all the people that volunteered their time to man a booth, be over the food, be in charge of the mad scientist lab (sorry I suckered you into that Shera), set up, clean up, get the spook alley ready (Susan and Arin were amazing), look after my kids so I could run around like a mad woman, anything that helped the night be so great.

One of my favourite booths was the palm readers. Lovely Trudy and Ginger volunteered their time to do that and they went all out. They looked AMAZING in their costumes and were so great with the kids. I took a bunch of pictures of them because they were just cracking me up so I had to share with everyone else. I love these ladies, they're the BEST!


We called Cameron and Katy last minute to come and help with the spook alley and I'm so glad they said they would because they were amazing. All the kids commented on the scary lady at the door, Katy looked great! All the kids in the spook alley were great and all of them were asked last minute so THANK YOU!
It was a great night but I'm glad it's over. This month has been NUTS so I'm really looking forward to November. I'm hoping it's a lot more stress free and less busy, hoping being the word!

4 comments:

Shera said...

Looking back now, it was not that bad (my part anyway). Thankfully we had Fred and Whitney to help. You are a crazy busy woman! You did do a great job.

jo said...

zoe, you did SUCH A GREAT JOB! my whole family had a lot of fun. and those pictures of trudy and ginger are great. i couldn't stop laughing when i walked by them and realized who they were. :)

The Staker Family said...

Hi Zoe! I am nominating you for a blog award because you inspire me. (see my blog for details) You are an amazing person and I am glad we are such good friends! I love how crafty you are and you are a great wife and mother. I have learned so much from you since moving here. I have had fun canning and crafting with you, I don't know how you do it all, but THANK YOU!

Katie Lee said...

we were glad we could help. It was tons of fun! You did such a great job!@