Monday, January 4, 2010

Families are Forever

Today when I was on facebook I was looking through my friends status's when I came across one that made me so sad. It was one of our friends from college. Steve worked with her husband while he went to Ricks. We weren't best friends but we saw them abit and did a few things with them. Anyway she had written that her little boy didn't make it through surgery. Of course this is something that would make you sad anyway but I remember finding her on facebook a while ago and finding out she had lost her 2nd little boy to SIDS. So after reading this morning that her new little son who was about 14 months had passed away, I just couldn't believe it. I guess he fell and hit his head and had bleeding on his brain so that had to do a really BIG surgery.

Just this morning I was thinking how glad I was that my girls were back in school, not that they were bad over Christmas break but I was glad to be able to have some time with Spencer and Hadley and get some cleaning etc... done. I'm not the most patient person as I've said many times and I know I get too stressed at my kids but I love them sooo much. I would never change the craziness I have in my life, it's all worth it because I'm blessed to have 4 healthy kids.

I don't really know what to write but I just wanted to remember how I felt after reading such sad news. I really am thankful for the gospel in my life. It doesn't make trials less hard but it makes us understand them more and know there are reasons to everything we go through. We may not always see those reasons but if we stay strong and remember that as long as we endure and do what is right we will be blessed beyond measure one day. We will be able to live with our families forever, what an amazing blessing, to know we are not just going to be with our loved ones in this life but FOREVER!!! I'm so grateful to my parents for joining the church so I could have this wonderful knowledge in my life. I'm grateful for my testimony and for the faith I have and I hope I can teach my children all the amazing things my parents taught me. I love my family so much and I'm grateful that I KNOW that FAMILIES ARE FOREVER!!!

1 comments:

Mosers said...

My sister in laws littlest brother and his wife lost their 11 month old 6 days before his birthday (which was thanksgiving day) to Bacterial Meningitis. It was so sad, but just remember, we are all human, my kids were awful during the funeral and it was hard for me to keep patience with them. What is one's blessing may be another persons woes... :) Keep smiling.. there are great things to come! Make each day count!