Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The end is in sight

So today I went to the doctors for a check up and I was hoping something had changed since last week, especially because I had been having some contraction this past Saturday night and Sunday. Of course it was still the same but oh well! There was some good news though, I was able to schedule getting induced for this coming Monday, Aug 9th :) I have never had to be induced, I always just go into labour. The last two times I've been 3 and 2 weeks early so I was hoping for the same this time. No such luck but I do hope I go into labour on my own before Monday.

Anyway for now I'm just glad there is an end in sight and that I know if I don't go into labour then I only have to wait until Monday, so 5 more days and I can handle that. It will be nice to have my Mom here too this time. She's never been able to be here when I've had any of my children so it will be fun but I'm sure nuts having her with me. My Mom is GREAT but is very dramatic when watching films, sporting events and things like that so I'm sure she'll be quite dramatic with this too but it will make it fun and interesting :) She flies in tonight but will be coming up tomorrow so we're all very excited.

So, I now know I will actually have this baby. It has seemed like it was never going to happen, it really never seems real to me until you're actually in labour and having the baby. I'm sooo excited but also nervous to have a v-back and actually have contractions. I didn't feel contractions with my last 2 babies so it's going to be interesting. We also need to figure out a name so I'm excited to finally see this little man and see which name we will be going with (Steve think it's going to be Austin Everett so we'll see if we end up with that). YAY for new babies and YAY for knowing Monday will be the day if not before!

5 comments:

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

I am so happy for you. I was wondering if you were going to have another c-section this time or not. I am glad that you will be able to have a v-back.
The only thing I didn't like about being induced with Paisley was that I missed out on the excitment of not knowing when I was going to go into labor...but that is why we did get induced. Jay hates not knowing when I will be going into labor...he is always afraid he will have to deliver the baby in the car or something because I go so fast.
Good luck with everything! Let me know what I can do to help.

NatalieT said...

Monday is not too far away! Good luck. I am sure everything will go well.

Mosers said...

Wahoo Zoe.. I'm so excited for you!!! I feel like I never see you and we live so close! Can't wait to see your little guy!

Kraig n Melissa said...

Hey Zoe,
I'm interested in hearing how your VBAC goes - I thought they didn't induce after a C section! I am hoping to do a VBAC next but I'm really nervous anout it. Good luck, my prayers are with you. And by the way, what did you MEAN you didn't feel contractions with the last two kids???

Cali and Travis said...

Congrats! We'll be praying for you! So I just found out Steve and Fred are running the Pocatello marathon and I'm running the 1/2 marathong that day. It will be fun!