Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Part

For the past week or so I've been thinking that I really need to get myself and our family in order. Our family has been SOOO blessed lately yet we struggle to show how grateful we are for the blessings we receive. Steve got a new job at the end of last year which had a pay raise, I got pregnant, the kids are healthy and even though we've had to pay bills out for split open heads, lots of dentists appointments, doctors visits and also finishing the basement, we still have had sufficient for our needs.

Life is busy sometimes, well all the time but I find the time to do things "I want" or I think "I need" to do but don't find the time to do the things that will truly benefit our family and show are appreciation for the blessings we have. We always go through spurts of having FHE, reading the scriptures and saying prayers as a family. I'm terrible these days at my own personal study and prayers and I never write my journal anymore (that's one reason I love to write my blog, when I actually do it). There really isn't a lack of time for these things but it seems like when life is going great that I forget that it's still important to say thanks or ask for things I need. I also just miss the feeling of warmth and the spirit that it brings to me.

One of my friends has just starting spring cleaning her house which is something I REALLY need to be doing but instead I think I need to spring clean my life. I have so many excuses why I haven't been doing what I should but I really want to start doing the things that will help me become a better mother, wife and daughter of my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for the gospel but really have been slacking lately when it comes to doing my part. I pray when I feel low or am scared which is great but those shouldn't be the only times I go to my Heavenly Father. So my goal is to really get myself in order and try and get back to having that spirit and strength with me all the time.

5 comments:

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

Dido for me too.

Nat said...

I need to spring clean in both ways-my house is disgusting, and right now I'm just feeling SO not spiritual!

The Staker Family said...

Okay Zoe, now I'm feeling guilty about not spring cleaning my life! You are so right, my huge weakness is personal study and prayer. At the beginning of the year I was feeling the same way and I really focused on it for about 3 weeks and along came Brayden and it was all lost in the shuffle again. Thanks for the reminder, you are a great example and friend.

Kraig n Melissa said...

ZOE - I am so glad I can still keep in contact from you and still hear your strength and testimony. You seem especially good at being positive and keeping in touch with people and letting them know they're important to you.
I have had the same problem ever since I've become a mom - don't know why that is!! But at the beginning of this year I committed myself to read the book of mormon before the end of the year, so I have to read every day to finish, and it has made a big difference! I was feeling kind of dull and lifeless and just going through the motions before, but now I feel more alive and happier and have a new passion for things in life, and I really think the difference is the Spirit. The Holy Ghost makes our spirits kind of shine brighter.
Thanks for sharing. I guess I'm not the only one. ;)

Katie Lee said...

Thank you for this post! It really gave me some motivation to assess my own life, and how I have prioritized the different areas of my life. Thank you Zoe. And Congrats on your baby!!!