Monday, March 1, 2010

What's one more, right?

Yes it's true, I'm pregnant! I'm due August 15th but I'm hoping this little bundle of joy and poop will decide to come out the end of July or the beginning of August. I have wanted to tell everyone for ages but I get so worried about everything being ok. I didn't even tell my friends until I was 12 weeks, that was so hard! What made it harder was the fact that when I was 10 weeks I was helping throw a baby shower for my friend and right at the beginning I started to spot so I was freaking out but trying not to show it because no one knew. Luckily everything has been going well since but because I had such a late miscarriage before I had Hadley I wanted to get further along before I told everyone. I went to the doctors today for my 16 week appointment and everything is going well, I heard the heart beat so that put me more at ease.

I'm so excited to be pregnant and to have another baby. I'm sure adding number 5 to the madness will be quite crazy but I think I'm ready, think being the word. I don't know how ready I am to be HUGE during summer again but I can't complain. I'm just glad things are going well and the baby is healthy. My ultra sound is in 5 weeks which will be fun. When we had Hadley I didn't find out whether we were having a boy or a girl so I'm not sure whether to again this time. I'm leaning towards not finding out but it's so tempting, especially when everyone else I know is finding out. It would be fun to have another boy, well I don't know if fun is the right word. I love Spencer so much but he is a handful. I truly admire my friends who have lots of boys, GO YOU GUYS!!! Either way though really I would be happy. A healthy baby is all I ask for.

The other thing I'm trying to decide about is whether to try a v-back or not??? I would have totally done it after I had Spencer, he was breach so I had to get a c-section. Then Hadley was breach and she wouldn't turn so I had no choice again. My doctor said I can do it but it does worry me abit. I guess we'll see when the time comes and we'll have to pray about it. Knowing my luck this baby will be breach so I'll have to get a c-section. Not that c-sections are bad but to me I feel abit ripped off having a c-section. I love giving birth, I think it's the most amazing thing. Only time will tell I guess!

Anyway the secret is finally out and I'm so glad. I am still nervous but SOOO excited! I just hope the time will go fast, well for some things I do but at the same time I should really treasure the moments I have with my kids. I truly am blessed to live the life I have. I have an amazing husband who loves me and my children and helps me sooo much. I have 4 healthy children who can be cheeky but I wouldn't be without any of that cheekyness. Well we'll see how it goes having 5 kids, I have a little while still but it will be interesting. This may be the last little Pettingill to join our family, Steve definitely thinks that but that will also have to be something we pray about. For now we'll just see how life with 5 kids will be, I'm sure it will be PRETTY CRAZY!!!

7 comments:

Renee' P said...

Well, let me be the first to congratulate you on your blog!!!
I'm so excited and happy for you :)
So we get to be pg together! This being my first go at it...I'll need all the help I can get!!!
I can't wait to hear my baby's heart beat. I saw it on the screen yesterday...it was so tiny and looked like a dot, but it was still there!! I'm still in utter shock that I'm pg!
I hope everything continues to go well for you and baby!!
Guess what! I'm coming up in July for about a week!!! We'll definately have to see each other then!!!

Much love,
Renee'

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

I was just wondering last night when your doctor appointment was. I am glad everything is going good.
I am nervous a little bit for #5 too, but at the same time I feel so very thankful that I get to have a #5.

Rachel said...

Congratulations! I am super excited for you. I didn't know that you could have a vback after 2 c-sections, I was told you had to have a c-section after the 2nd one. That is cool if you can.

The Laytons said...

You are an incredible mommy, and adding one more to the mix will be GREAT!! Congrats!!

Robin said...

Five is awesome! And really hard! I think you are such a great Mom and I just love reading your blog. You are so great at sharing the gospel through your blog. You are truly a great example and I am excited for your new little one to come. (Boys are a handful but I really hope Spencer gets a little brother!)

Nat said...

CONGRATS! I hope all goes well for you. You're an amazing mom!

Mary said...

So happy for you!!!