Saturday, March 20, 2010

Working on my "to do" list

Last week I went to the Family Conference at BYU-Idaho with two of my best friends. It was a great day and nice to do something different and uplifting. We took one class about organisation which was really good, there was lots of handy tips. Once I got home I started making a HUGE list of LOTS of things I needed to do and get from the store. So, since then I've been working on getting everything done and am glad to say my list has lots of things crossed off. I have so many little projects that needed to be done and trust me there are still TONS more that need to get done. But we're getting there and today we were able to get a bunch of things done.

I had some vinyl that I got from my friend Janae ages ago, I think over a year ago, how sad is that!? Anyway I got TONS and have slowly been putting it up but had left the biggest one and now I can see why. It wasn't the best thing to do while pregnant but we got it done and I was SOOO glad (you'll have to excuse my broken blinds, I will never get them again)! We also put up the Temple picture I made before Christmas, it looks so nice.

Last night I went to Janae's craft group she just started. I could only stay for about 3o minutes but I got the paper and vinyl on so today I finished putting the embellishments on and I think they turned out cute. Everyone else had their vinyl say "welcome spring" but I have a few things with spring on already so I changed mine. Abit different but I think it looks nice.

This is some of the vinyl I got from Janae too over a year ago, hahaha! This is in Syd and Hadley's room, Syd helped me put it together, she loves them.

Here is the finally cleaned up craft room (I know it still looks abit manic, I wish I had a before picture and then you could really see the difference). There are still a few things that need to be put away and that need a home but atleast now we can actually walk in there. We have WAY too much stuff. One and half of the big plastic drawers are FULL of colouring books and one is full of new crayons and markers. Hopefully now we're able to get in there we can use some of the things we have. It feels so nice to have it done though, whew! We also put the white board up in there and put Maddie's cork board and frame up in her room. We have quite a few things left to do in poor Maddie's room, that is one of the next things on my to do list.


I'm just so glad I'm making some progress. The first few months of being pregnant I had no desire to do anything, plus I just felt crappy all the time. It's nice to be able to have some energy back and be able to get these things done. Now we just need to get some shelves in the garage so we can really start doing more organising. Hopefully our tax refund will come soon and poor Steve can be put to work :)

2 comments:

Layton Mom said...

Yay for getting things done! What does the vinyl in your kitchen say? I really need to get mine put up in the living room. I got a saying to put downstairs and never put it up, now I don't like the saying and want something different. Go figure!

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

The saying above your doors looks really nice, and I love the picture of the temple.
I need to start organizing my house and getting my office cleaned out.
I was glad you were able to come for a little while Friday night...hope Shera didn't mind having your kids for a bit.