Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy man!

So, it's taken me almost a week but I'm finally blogging about Steve's birthday. Last Saturday he turned 30! I had been so excited for that day to finally come because last year some time I thought of the best present to get for him. Lots of my friends and family knew and they kept it a secret too so thanks for that. Anyway the day finally came and I was able to tell him what his present was, YAY!!!

After all the kids woke up I told Steve to wait in our room so we could get ready. I dressed the kids up in some of Steve's BYU shirts and I let the kids hold a big D and a fence sign I had made the night before. Spencer had his build a bear turtle too because his name is Cosmo and he has a BYU shirt aswell. After we all got ready we called Steve in and the kids started saying, D-Fence and go BYU (I think Spencer was actually saying go DYU but oh well)! At first I think Steve was a little confused but then he got it, well kind of. He had to ask whether it was tickets to a game or season tickets. When I told him it was season tickets, he said, "really?" It was so fun to see his reaction as he loves BYU football. YAY for great surprises!!!
The only bad thing about Steve's birthday was that his Mom got in a car accident with Tre and Kaylie in the car. Luckily they were all ok, Sherisse did break her hand so that wasn't too good but thankfully they were all safe. That made our day pretty chilled out and then that night we went on a date to Texas Roadhouse which was fun and yummy!

Steve really is an amazing man. He works so hard to provide for our family and he's such a great husband and father. I complain sometimes when he comes home late from work but when I really think about it, I'm so glad he works so hard because it's enabled him to keep his job through so many layoffs. I really do feel lucky to have married someone that loves me so much and puts up with my grumpiness. My kids adore him and so do I. Thanks for being you, we all love you VERY much Poopy, hahaha!

0 comments: