Thursday, August 13, 2009

Just thinking!

I have other things I need to blog about but I was just sitting here chatting on facebook to one of my friends and looking at pictures of another friend and her new baby and I started to think about how lucky I am to have such amazing friends and such an amazing life. Sometimes there are days when I have a little pity party for myself but truthfully there really is no reason. Even though I may think life sucks sometimes, that there's too many things to clean, pick up, organise or too much laundry to do. Those things really don't matter and I should be glad I have a house to clean and things to put away and organise and clothes to wash.

You know I really am lucky. I have so much to be grateful for. My family is crazy and all over the place at times but I wouldn't have it any other way. My house is a mess sometimes but it can be cleaned. My kids are healthy and smart. My husband has a job. I have the most amazing family, neighbours, friends and ward. There are too many friends to name but you know who you are. You make living away from my family so much easier so thank you for that. I really never thought I would be able to find friends here like the friends I had in England but you're all AMAZING and I love you so much. Thank you for your friendships and for putting up with your crazy English friend and all the nuts things I say and do.

Also how lucky am I to have married into such an amazing family who loves my little family. I love living by Steve's family and doing things with them. I love just going over to Gma and Gpa Johnson's house and letting them run around while I watch them enjoy catching bugs and checking out the garden. Last night Gpa was taking Syd and Spencer everywhere with him on his new little golf cart. I had an enrichment BBQ and Steve was helping but as I looked to see what the kids were doing, Gpa had them loaded up with him, taking them to help him with his jobs. Thank you for loving my kids so much and being such great examples to them. My in laws are the best too, they are always so willing to help with whatever we need. I feel bad for those people who don't have wonderful in laws, mine are FANTASTIC. My mother in law always drops everything when I have my babies, my kids and me just love her so much. I really did luck out when it comes to in laws, sorry if you didn't, hahaha! Steve's family are all just the best!!! And what would I do without Trudy. You're the best, you would do anything for me and my family. I know it makes it easier on my Mom knowing that I have her and Sherisse here, my 2 Mom's here to watch after me. Thank you Trudy for loving me and my children, words are never enough to explain how much we love you.

Then today I got to speak to my Mom on the phone, I really love her. She's such an amazing woman, so strong and has gone through so much in her life but is still there for me whenever I need her. My Dad is equally amazing, he's also been through so much and now continues to go through so much with him having cancer and now recovering from a crazy surgery. Thanks for being such good examples of strength and faith to me and my children. I can't wait for them to come here for Maddie's baptism, it's going to be the best. I love my sister Ruth so much too, I love when she calls me and even though we both woffle on and talk about the most crazy things, it's the best. I would love to live by her, she's my best and most dear friend. I'm still wishing one day they'll all move over here, I have my fingers crossed. Then there's Nathan, he sure is cheeky but I know he would do anything for me. What an amazing big brother he is, such a strong testimony and another wonderful example of strength and faith after so many trails. I LOVE YOU ALL BANDITS!!!

Of course I can't leave out my wonderful little family. As I was looking at my friends pictures on facebook of her new little baby, it made me think about all my kids and what an amazing miracle it is to be able to have my children. Each one is so special and unique and I would never want my crazy life to be anything but crazy. There are days I'm totally worn out and I can't be bothered to do anything but those days pass and then my kids will say or do something that makes it all worth it. My kids are the best, nuts but the best. I guess with a Mom like me I shouldn't expect anything but a little nuts because I am too, hahaha! I have the most amazing husband too but I'll talk about him another time. It's his birthday on Saturday so I'll write about him then. He really is amazing and I love him so much. I'm so lucky to have found someone who loves me so much and is such an amazing father, friend and husband.

I really am SOOO LUCKY! As I said before, life is crazy sometimes but don't we need a little crazy every now and again. What more do we really need than friends and a family who love us and are there for us whenever we need them so thank you, you're all THE BEST and I love you all SOOO MUCH!!!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes. I wish your family could live closer too. You are such a fun & easy going person. I was telling Dustin just yesterday there is just something about you that just makes me love you. I think most people feel the same way! Glad we can be friends!