Thursday, April 15, 2010

A bit of this and abit of that

The other week my friend had some Amish friendship bread she was giving away so I had to get some for Steve because he thinks it's pretty cool. Once we'd done all the steps he made it with the kids, they thought it was great.
Here is Hadley falling asleep in another crazy place, by the back door. A few weeks before she had fallen asleep by her bedroom door too (pictures below).

Easter was next, Maddie woke up super early but we made her wait for the rest of the kids to wake up. She wanted to leave carrots for the bunny this year so we did that. The kids all lined up in the hallway and came into the kitchen to find their treats which were WAY more than I planned on them getting but there was such a great sale on movies so I couldn't resist. This year for Easter we had our first family Easter egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's house and of course I didn't have my camera. We did it in the house but it was still LOTS of fun and we had yummy pizza, we have such a great family so it was fun spending time with them. After that we went over to the fire station for their annual Easter egg hunt. It was freezing and super windy but the kids had a blast and got TONS of eggs. Now we have WAY too much candy so I've been trying to give it away.


Sydney turned 7 this past Sunday so we tried to make it a special day for her. We had gone out for lunch on the Saturday with her cousin's and Grandma so that was fun. For her birthday we waited until after church for her to open her presents. She got a cat that walks and makes noise and a pet stroller, bed, carrier thing. She's big into animals and things like that.

Syd is such a lovely little girl. She really does have her own personality but I love it. Every time I go into school her teacher has something funny or crazy to tell me about Syd but each of those things makes her the wonderful daughter she is. I'm so grateful to have her as part of our family, she really adds such a great dynamic. She's such a beautiful little girl, still mini but is growing so much. I can't believe she'll be 8 next year, it's nuts. She's so caring and loves her little sister Hadley so much, sometimes too much but truthfully I wouldn't have it any other way.

Spencer and Maddie felt left out when I was taking tons of pictures of Syd so I had to quickly get a photo of each of them, they're so goofy and Maddie is such a poser :) There is more to blog about but there are too many pictures so I'll have to do it when I have more time. We had a great day though so stay posted for more.....

0 comments: