Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I gave in, it's a ................

................................................ BOY!!!

I really thought I wouldn't find out what we were having this time but Steve really wanted to find out and so did the kids so I gave in! It was so easy not to find out when we had Hadley but I think that's because I really wanted another girl so I didn't care. I didn't care this time either but I did think it would be great to have a boy.

I had my appointment yesterday so I loaded all the kids up in the car and we went to the doctors. My doctor is so nice, as soon as he came in the room he span around on his stool and let each of the kids sit on his lap and spin around, the kids thought that was great. I then got measured and he said I was measuring big, around 22-23 weeks. After my first appointment they moved my date back 1 week due to measurements which I was sad about. Then this time the baby measured back to my due date so we'll see whether my doctor changes it or not, I HOPE SO!!!

Anyway Steve came at the end of me seeing the doctor, just in time for the ultrasound. We all piled into the ultrasound room and kids crowded around the tv. They were so excited and kept asking questions. At first the lady was looking at all the things she needed to record and see so the kids weren't too impressed and got a little restless. While she was looking around I had already seen what we were having, I could totally tell but then she asked and told us for sure. The kids were all sooo excited and so was Steve. He thinks we're having a girl every time, he's funny! I have been right every time we've had a baby, I knew this was going to be a boy but it was nice to actually see for sure. After showing us some cool things she said "let's take a look with 4D" which was so cool. The kids liked that because you could actually see the baby really well, he looked a lot like the rest of the kids. She poked him to make him move and you could see him moving his arm and leg, it was so cute.

It always seems so unbelievable to think you have a baby inside you. Even though you can feel the baby move it's crazy to think you have this mini little baby growing inside of you, what an amazing miracle. I feel so blessed to be having this baby, I'm not in a rush to be waking up all the time in the night but I can't wait to see this little boy. It's going to be so fun to add another little man to the madness. I just want to enjoy my children while they're little, especially little Hadley, she still seems so small and she's so lovely. Anyway I've been woffling on again forever so I should go. Here's some pictures of our newest addition, ENJOY!!!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations! It is so exciting, now Spencer will have a brother. Now if you have anymore it will just be the icing on the cake. All your kids are so cute!

Nat said...

Congrats! That will be fun to have another boy. And YAY for bumping your date closer again! I loved it when that happened to me.

Shera said...

I love the 4D picture. He already looks like a little Pettingill!

Renee' P said...

Congrats Zoe! That's so great that you got another boy! How far apart will they be?
So glad you found out and told us!

The Staker Family said...

I am so excited for you guys to get another boy! I love that 4D picture, I think they did something like that with Brayden, but really it didn't look anything like that, it still looked like an alien to me, so maybe it wasn't the 4D, I don't know. Maybe Steve will come around to Hyrum, tell him I think he looks like a Hyrum for sure! lol!

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

How fun! I love that last picture too. I don't know why, but I always think it is so crazy how developed they are at 20 weeks. He looks so cute.
Congrats!!

Cali and Travis said...

Congrats!! Boys are so fun!!!!! Give Steve-O my congrats too!

Jessica said...

How exciting Zoe! Those are some awesome ultra sound pictures!!

Kristi Flanagan said...

Awe- congratulations!!!! What an amazing miracle you have inside you!

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions

Katie Lee said...

Hooray! We are so excited for you!