Friday, April 23, 2010

Grateful

There is no real reason for my thoughts today, nothing amazing is going on but I just started thinking about how grateful I am. I think it's so easy sometimes to think about all the crappy things we go through and how hard life is sometimes that we forget to be grateful for all that we have. I'm not saying we should never complain or feel sorry for ourselves because sometimes life does SUCK and that's just the way it is.

But.... I'm so grateful for the blessings I have that remind me even though life is crazy sometimes I have so much to be thankful for.

-I have a home that may take work to clean but I have a home where I'm surrounded by great neighbours, friends and family.
-I have 4 healthy children who may drive me insane sometimes but they're healthy and they are great little people who help me learn every day, (mainly learn patience which I REALLY need).
-I'm having another baby which may make me go to the bathroom tons in the night and get super uncomfortable and gain lots of weight but I can get pregnant and be a Mom which is a wonderful miracle.
-I have a husband who may be a tease (I couldn't think of anything bad but he is a tease) but he works sooo hard to provide for my family and helps me with the kids TONS which makes my life so much easier.
-I have a car that I may have to pay to get fixed after I back up into the garbage can but I can take my kids wherever they need to go and it works.
-I have the best families and friends EVER and I don't know what I would do without them. The only bad part is that they don't all live closer to me.
-I have a body that maybe getting bigger everyday, hahaha but I have a body and it works and has no major problems. One day I can work on the getting it smaller part but I'm grateful I have a body that allows me to do anything I need to do.
-I have the gospel in my life that helps me everyday. I may go through trials but without my testimony those trials would be so much harder to bare.

My list could go on and on forever and I'm a super woffler so I'll stop there. Basically I'm just grateful to blessed with so much. I know I'll still complain about how tough life is sometimes but I know I can always think of all the amazing blessings I have and realise I really don't have that much to complain about. I love my life, I love my family, I love my friends and I love the gospel and the knowledge I have of the plan of salvation, those things truly are my greatest blessings!

1 comments:

Kraig n Melissa said...

Thanks for that Zoe, I've been feeling EXACTLY the same way lately (only I have been complaining lots and not as grateful).