Monday, November 17, 2008

Hadley's blessing

Yesterday Steve blessed Hadley, it was so lovely. I probably should have taken notes while he was blessing her, I was thinking about it before but then I always forget. His blessing was so lovely though and when he held Hadley up afterwards she looked beautiful, big but beautiful. We have never left it this long to bless our babies, they've always been a month or younger so seeing her up there with some nice chub was different. Also what was different was my family not being there. This was the first time they missed one of my babies blessings so it was sad not having them there. We found a really lovely dress which I was happy about. We took some cute pictures of her afterwards which she was smiling at her Daddy for. She is getting so big, I can't believe she's going to be 3 months in 3 days, it's crazy.

She kept playing with the ribbon and the skirt part of her dress. I had covered her with burp clothes before the blessing because I was afraid she would urp everywhere.

It's amazing how when you get pregnant you can't wait to have your baby here with you. It always feels like you're pregnant forever but as soon as you have that little one here the time just goes by so fast. I truly feel so blessed to have Hadley here with us. What a great blessing I have been given to be able to have children. I'm not always the most patient Mom but I really do love my children and I feel so blessed to be their mother.

I also asked Trudy to take a picture of our family. I can't believe how big my kids are getting. Maddie will be 7 in 2 weeks, that's just MADNESS! It's funny to look at a picture of my family because it's still so crazy to think I have 4 children, but as they say. Time flies when you're having fun and we have lots of that in our house.

7 comments:

Nat said...

What a beautiful family you have! Her smiles are just so cute! And I agree-when you're prego you feel like it's FOREVER, and then they're here and they grow up way too fast!

Mosers said...

I love the pictures.. she is cute...Peyton is 15 lbs now so I can relate to the chub thing! So cute, so cute!

JaNae said...

What a beautiful smile. She's an angel. I love your constantly grateful attitude about motherhood--even while you keep it real! It helps me on my not-so-great mom days!

Spencer is so cute! Every time I see pictures of him I think of Peter. I don't know if it's the looks or the cheekiness shining through...probably a little of both!

Shera said...

I love your little family (I guess 4 kids makes it feel not so little anymore). Hadley looked so cute, but she is growing up too fast! I wish I could slow down the baby part of life a little and speed up the 2-3 year old part.

Renee' P said...

I can't believe she's 3 months already! Time sure does fly by quick. I can't believe you have a 7 yr old. It just seems like yesterday when we were all children and enjoying life.

Cali and Travis said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys. We really should get together sometime soon. I'd love to meet the new baby and introduce you to Gideon.

jo said...

the blessing was really nice and her dress is so pretty! i love that picture of you all together, and i meant to tell you on sunday that you looked so pretty!