Monday, February 9, 2009

More catching up!

I'm finally trying to catch up on blogging! I knew after I caught up last time I would probably end up catching up again a couple of months later and here I am!

We had lots of fun this Christmas, there's always so much to do and never enough time but we had a great time together with family and friends. The kids got SUPER spoiled with all their presents once again but they loved all their presents so thanks everyone. I was going to put a few pictures on here but after looking through all the pictures I decided I should probably just make a slide show. During December we fed Hadley rice cereal for the first time. The pictures are quite deceiving because she really wasn't having a fun time. We just caught the in between parts where she looked really cute. We also took the kids sledding for the first time, how sad is that? Maddie is 7 and we've never been sledding before, hopefully we'll go more now because the kids loved it. Once they were done though they were absolutely freezing so they didn't look very happy at all. I stayed in the car while they were sledding, Hadley was still abit too small for that. All in all December was a great month.


January was lots of fun too. Spencer had his birthday, he turned 3, I can't believe that he's already 3. He's my little man, I love him so much , probably too much sometimes because I let him get away with too much. He had a great birthday and got lots of nice things. He got a bunch more stuff for his geotrax train set so now when we set it up it covers the whole half of the living room downstairs where the kids play. Once again I didn't prepare very well to make a birthday cake. I went to the store to buy some cake mix and some other things but of course I forgot the most important thing, the cake mix! I ended up getting some brownie mix from Steve's Mom and making him a race track kind of cake. It really is a good job they think whatever you make is fantastic. We almost had to visit the ER in January aswell because Spencer got mad at Sydney, something that happens quite often in this house. Anyway he ended up cutting her head open, I couldn't believe it. The good Mom I am though, the first thing I thought about was, "great, this could have happened a few days ago, it's a new year now and a new deductible!" Also in January Steve helped Maddie and Spencer make a HUGE snowman in the front garden or yarden as my kids like the call it, hahaha! Maddie made a couple of little snowmen too, they had a great time. Our snowman kind of looks like the leaning tower of Pisa these days though, I actually can't believe it's still standing. Steve's sister Stephanie got engaged in January too. We went wedding dress shopping which was LOTS of fun, she looked so beautiful.


Well hopefully from now on I'll do a little better at blogging. This year so far has been good but also abit trying. How lucky we are to have the gospel in our lives though. Even though things may be hard sometimes it's so nice to know that if we stay strong and endure those trying times we will be blessed. I know life is hard for all of us sometimes but my greatest wish is that I can work through the trails we are given and keep strong so that one day I can be with my family in the eternities. I really do love all my family members, they're all GREAT! Especially my little family, thanks for always putting up with me and my grumpy/stress head times, you're all the BEST! I'll leave you all with one last picture of Steve and the kids. I took this yesterday, they were all just chilling out on Spencer's bed after church. Their nuts at times but truthfully I wouldn't have them any other way, I'm so lucky to have them all!

2 comments:

Nat said...

So is Spencer still in nursery? He just BARELY missed the cutoff, huh? And I TOTALLY have the "dang, a new deductible" thought. Whenever Pete has had a kidney stone, I'm like "$1000!" instead of "Poor guy!"

Miranda said...

I am so behind also you motivate me. I love Christams at G&G's it is always so fun, we have the best relatives. Love the picture of Steve chilling with the kids.