Thursday, July 10, 2008

Keepin' It Real!

OH MY GOODNESS! I can't actually believe I took all these pictures this morning but I felt bad because both Arin and Heidi tagged me for the same thing so I thought I better just get it done while I have a few minutes and those few minutes were bright and early this morning.

1.Laundry room - Well right now it's a total disaster because we're trying to finish our bedrooms and office in the basement so everything is either in the laundry room or the downstairs living room. So sorry for the HUGE mess but this is my life right now! I can't get to my food storage very well and when I need to actually do laundry I have to kind of make do with the small space in front of the washing machine.



2. Favourite room - I really have a few rooms I like, one being Spencer's room because it's where the computer is and I love being able to come on here and blog and keep in contact with my friends and family. I'm looking forward to getting the office finished downstairs though so I can have my very own room, it'll be GREAT! I have to say the living room is my most favourite room though because it's where we spend a lot of time as a family, watching movies, having FHE, playing games or falling asleep together after a long day. My upstairs living room was actually pretty clean but downstairs looks like a bomb hit it! I normally like to keep some of the kids toys in the unfinished part of the basement but seen as though we're finishing it everything had to come out. of course the first thing the kids did was dump the 3 tubs that had been full of toys all over the floor, very lovely!










3. Favourite shoes - Well I'm a big flip flop fan so when it's winter it drives me nuts because I have to put real shoes on. Spencer just actually started wearing his little flip flops too and it's so cute and way easier for me! Anyway these are the pair I wear most often, they're a little dirty right now because I was walking in our family garden the other day so they got nice and dusty.
4. Toilet - Well just to let you know, I HATE cleaning the bathroom. I really leave that job up to Steve most of the time but obviously keep it up okay until he does a nice big clean. Anyway sorry for any streaks, I'm really not the best bathroom cleaner so if any of you have some suggestions for good cleaning products let me know, especially for the toilet.

5. Kitchen sink - This picture isn't too bad really. The only reason there are dishes in there is because I had just turned the dishwasher on and I was still finishing making food for our RS recipe swap last night and I had to leave straight away. Then I didn't get home until really late. I try hard to keep the kitchen clean, especially the sink. I think the dishwasher is one of the greatest inventions ever so I take full advantage of mine, especially because I didn't have one growing up, well I guess we did, it was us kids!
6. Fridge - It's not the cleanest but at least I have some healthy food in there.
7. What the kids are doing - Well as always Sydney was still in bed asleep, she would sleep all morning if you let her. Spencer was watching Shrek 3 in my bedroom, he loves watching movies on my bed. Madison was eating breakfast, she's always the first awake and the first to eat. I had to take about 6-7 pictures of Maddie because she kept closing her eyes, she's so goofy.





















8. Self portrait - This is not the most flattering picture but oh well, the joys of being pregnant and deciding to do this tag this morning. I could also have added this picture to what my kids are doing because this is what our lovely number 4 child is doing right now, making me HUGE! Well I guess I'm doing that to myself but it's always nicer when you can blame it on someone or something else.
9. Closet - Well we have a really BIG closet that I love. When I designed our house I made our bedroom smaller so we could have a bigger bathroom and closet because as you can see I have LOTS of clothes. Plus my father in law built us the best shelves etc so it's a SUPER closet. The main reason behind the lots of clothes is because I have clothes in there that I used to wear when I was 16 and there is about 4-5 different sizes of clothes too for all the many wonderful stages of life. Poor Steve only has a small space but I'm a girl, need I say more!














10. Dream vacation - I have a few. I would love to go to the east coast and visit all the church history sites but mainly I would love to go to Egypt and Jerusalem, I think that would be amazing. Also I would love to go to Disney World with all my extended family some day, I think that would be so much fun to all be there together.

I'm not good at the whole tagging thing but I guess I'll tag Kristy, Heidi Dressel, Kluane, Jessica and whoever else wants to do this because even though I thought taking all these pictures would be a nightmare it was actually lots of fun.

1 comments:

Nat said...

Zoe, you're so cute! I was all worried about my house not being clean in my post of this tag, but that's just life! We just finished the rest of our basement before Ivy was born, and our storage room was a mess until the rooms were done! You'll be so glad when it's all done!