Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tebbin Johnson Family Reunion

This weekend was our Tebbin Johnson family reunion. We had been looking forward to this for a while but when it was finally here I got sick so I wasn't able to enjoy it as much as I would have liked. The kids had a GREAT time though so that's all that matters.

On Friday my mother in law Sherisse came to my house with lunch and then took the kids with her. She's always so helpful to me, I'm so lucky! After that she took the kids over to the reunion. They got to paint cars that they had made from boxes. They were using them for the drive in movie they had that night. Steve went over there after work and I just stayed home feeling sick, lots of fun!? I heard Spencer loved his car he made though and during the movie he was all curled up and asleep in his Lightening McQueen car he had made, (he's loves the CARS movie).

On Saturday Steve took the kids back over to his grandparents house and I stayed home once again. I was feeling a little better but still pretty bad but I didn't want to stay at home the whole time so Steve came to get me just before lunch. When I got there they were working on our family float. Each family had been given a bag full of things to use for their float. Then they had been given $10 to use at the dollar store and they had 10 minutes to shop for whatever else they would need to put their float together. I was sad to miss all that but I was glad I was there to watch them get ready.








Our design was Johnny Lingo and his 8 cow wife. Spencer was Johnny Lingo and Kaylie was his wife, it was so cute. Steve, Rod, Madison, Tre and Sydney were tiki people and the 2 boys carried the float. They had made these cute chairs to put on the float, it was so fun and the kids had a blast. Steph had drawn a tattoo on Spencer's arm too which everyone loved, they all looked so good.

Steve's sister Steph had a coconut bra her friend had given her so Steve wore that, what a nutter! Spencer and Maddie had to give it a try too which was cute. All in all it was a wonderful day. I was sad I couldn't do much, I just sat there the whole time but it was fun to see my family having fun. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing family here. Thank you for looking after my kids this weekend and thank you for being such an amazing family, I love you all!











6 comments:

Mosers said...

That looks like fun... I hear you on the "just sitting around" thing... I'm there with you.. We should get our kids together and let them play, and we can just sit in the shade and chat! Take care

jo said...

wow! it sounds like your family reunions are a lot more creative than ours! what fun!

Rachel said...

Zoe, I hope that you are feeling much better now! You are getting close to having that baby, I hope you are taking it easy, how exciting! Your reunion sounds very fun- what a fun family to be in. Rachel

The Staker Family said...

That looks like lots of fun, I am sorry that you were feeling sick! I love Spencers tatoo and Steve's coconut bra!

Jessica said...

Such good times! We are so blessed to have good families. I'm sorry you were feeling sick. I felt sick at our reunion this weekend too and ended up having to sit out for a while. I hope your feeling better now!

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

thats soooo cute!!!!!!!!! sorry you have been feeling so bad, ugh thats not fun :(