Friday, July 11, 2008

My Hero Spencer

Well today was a little, well a lot crazy! So here's the wonderful story. I woke up early this morning so I could be ready by the time the sheet rock guys came. Spencer thought it was great watching them working and after they left we decided to go take a look at the sheet rock, that was a BIG mistake!

I started looking at a couple of sheets and all of a sudden a domino affect started and the sheet rock all fell on me (about 20 or so sheets). Luckily I was in the hall way and the sheet rock got caught on some of the framing but it kind of hit me a bit on my stomach and squashed me against the framing. It really scared me and poor Spencer who was right there when it happened. He kept saying, "Mommy, get it off you". There was no way I could so I told him to run and get the phone so I could call for help. I called my neighbour Shera and she ran straight over and started to help me push the sheet rock off me. Thank you Shera for saving me!

Just to let you know, the girls weren't home, they had spent the night at Steve's Mom's house. Thankfully Spencer didn't even though he wanted to, he was trying to get his back pack and go too. I don't know what I would have done if he wasn't there, I probably would have been stuck there for quite a while. He was so great, he's my little hero today.

Anyway I was a little worried afterwards so I thought maybe I should go to the doctors so I dropped Spencer off at Shera's thinking I would only be gone for about half an hour but it was much longer than that. When I got to the doctors I realised they were closed on Fridays so I went to another office across the street to use their phone to call my doctor. He was at the hospital and told me to come there and get monitored. I then called Sherisse to let her know and I started crying so I'm sure I freaked her out. Really I was just freaking myself out. This whole pregnancy I've been so worried about everything, especially after having a miscarriage last time.
So I went over to the hospital and they got me all hooked up. As soon as I heard the heart beat I felt relieved and I thought I'd be able to go home pretty quick but that didn't happen. I guess when you have something like that happen you need to be monitored for about 4 hours and have an ultrasound to make sure everything is okay so that's what I did. I had to call Steve to let him know I would be there for a while. He had to go home and get some clothes for the kids because I hadn't sent them with anything because they had swim lessons and I thought I'd be there then so I could take them clothes then.

Well everything turned out okay, I knew it would but if I hadn't gone in I would have been freaking myself out all day so I was just glad to know everything was good. It was nice to get an ultrasound and see the baby. I made sure they didn't let me see any boy or girl parts though because I've already held out this long. They had to check that the placenta was okay and a few other things and everything was wonderful, the baby scored 8/8 so it was perfect.

So that was my exciting and scary day! My father in law wasn't very happy about it all so he called the sheet rock guys, I don't know what he said. It was bad that it got me the way it did but it could have been so much worse for me or for the kids if that had happened to them. I'm so grateful everything is okay, I just can't wait to have this baby. It'll be nice to have the baby here and just know everything is okay, not too long now though! For now I'm just glad I was blessed today because there are so many could haves and I'm glad none of those happened.

THANK YOU SPENCER, THANK YOU SHERA and THANK YOU SHERISSE for looking after the kids all day, you're all life savers!

14 comments:

Nat said...

Wow, good thing everything is okay! Go Spencer! Your baby has the cutest potbelly! :)

gina said...

Oh my goodness Zoe!(sorry, I'm doing a little blog stalking) I'm glad you are okay.

Anonymous said...

My goodness! I'm glad everybody (and every half-body or whatever is the politically correct term for developing humans) is okay!

Also, what's up with all of this "mom" nonsense? You should be proud of your non-conformist spelling! (Actually, I think we're the non-conformists, but still.)

Carol said...

Oh my goodness, how scary.

Hooray for Spencer saving the day! What a great hero!

Trisha said...

I was worried about you all day after mom called, especially after what happened last time. But I'm sure you were way more worried than I was. I was praying for you all day and was glad to finally hear that everything was ok. Now- just stay away from the basement.

Mosers said...

I am so glad everything went ok, let me know if you need to send kids for a play day! We are almost there hun... hang in there!

Celeste said...

How scary....i don't blame you for wanting to go to the doctor and get everything checked out chica. I would have done the same thing, I too am worried about EVERYTHING during this pregnancy since we know what happened last time with me. But I am so glad everything turned out perfectly!! Take care of yourself and let me know if you need anything.

Jessica said...

I saw Sherisse at swimming lessons and she told me what happened so I was thinking about you all day too. I'm glad you posted this and that everything is ok! It's so scary to have things like that happen and what a relief that everything is good.

Katie Lee said...

What a scare! Spencer is a little cutie, and what a big hero! I'm glad to hear everything is okay! I'm so excited to see your new little one. Not much longer!

Jodi said...

Oh Zoe! I am so sorry you had such a scare. I am glad you are okay. I think the sheet rock should be FREE after that.

Katy said...

I am so glad that you are okay! Sheetrock is so heavy. Thank heavens that our bodies protect those babies so well!

Renee' P said...

That is scary! Was the sheet rock supposed to be nailed in by the time those guys left? Why did they just leave it like that?
Glad you and the baby are okay. Are you getting excited to have your baby?

Edee Ulrich said...

I would be so terrified! Spencer should get one of those hero awards! I am so glad he was there that day and that everything was all right! It was fun to see you today and it is fun to see your blog to see how you are all doing!

Miranda said...

Zoe how scary~ I am so glad everything was o.k. When I told Chris all he could say was how lucky you were! Can't wait to meet your baby, he/she is going to be a tough kid!