Saturday, July 19, 2008

Swimming lessons

My kids have been looking forward to swimming lessons all year, especially Syd, she loves it. I wasn't sure whether I was going to have Spencer go this time because I wasn't too excited about getting in the pool with him while I looked like a HOUSE (he had to do the mommy and me class). I knew he wanted to swim really bad and then my sister in law Steph was so kind and said she would take him whenever she didn't have to work so I gave in and signed him up too. In the end I only had to take Spencer 3 times out of 10 so that was nice. Thank you Steph for taking him, he loved it and it was a great help to me.

On the last day of swim lessons the kids got to jump in off the diving board. My kids have never been too scared of that. Last year Spencer about ran off the diving board. This year he wanted to do it again but there wasn't time so I let him jump of the side of the pool while we waited for the girls to jump in. They all did great and just went for it. Sherisse and Steve came to watch, I still need to get the pictures from Sherisse but here's the video's of all them.

Spencer was a great little swimmer, he doesn't really like floating on his back though but he started to do better. He'll be loving it next year when he can start to go by himself. Syd was as crazy as ever. I think she thought it was more about playing than learning though. She got benched one of the first days of class because she wouldn't stay by the wall. After that she did good but she was still all over the place, doing these back kind of dive things, she's so funny. Maddie did great, she's getting so good at swimming. If she could get her breathing down she would be really good. She gets to move up a class next time so she thought that was amazing. I'm glad my kids are learning to swim, my Dad taught all of us but I don't think I would have the patience to teach my kids.

Well that's all our organised summer activities over and done with. It was so fun to do t-ball and swimming and I'm glad it made those 7 weeks go by so fast but I'm glad it's over with. It'll be nice to have this week to do whatever we want, especially as Trish, Tre and Kaylie are coming home, we're so excited! Maddie keeps telling me how many days it is until they get here and until she gets to see them. Not long now, and not long now until the baby comes too, YIPEE! It's about 6 1/2 weeks until my due date but I'm hoping for 4 weeks, we'll have to see!!!

3 comments:

Mosers said...

We didn't do swim lessons and you know why!!! But my kids have had fun going under in the hot tub... next year we will have to go together and our little ones can do a class together too!

Miranda said...

How fun! Liv loved her swim lessons also!Can't wait to see everyone at the reunions!

The Staker Family said...

That is funny that they put them all in life vests. When I was 3 I jumped off the high dive where I took swim lessons and we didn't use life vests.