Thursday, October 9, 2008

My husband tag

1. Where did you meet?

Steve was serving as a missionary in my ward in England and I had just got back from being at Ricks for a year. He was almost done with his mission at that point, I think he had about 3-4 months left. My Mom had the missionaries over ALL the time so I got to know him really well.

2. How long did you date before you were married?
Not very long! He came home the beginning of Aug, we talked on the phone every day after that. Then I came here to Idaho the beginning of Sept, we got engaged 2 weeks later and married 3 months after that. So I guess it was for about 4 months altogether.
3. How long have you been married?
This Dec we will have been married for 8 years, it's gone by so fast and it's been FANTASTIC!
4. What does he do that surprises you?
I really can't think of anything. I guess one thing though is that he puts up with me, especially when I'm having a bad day, ie yesterday! I was having one of those days and I wasn't being the most pleasant person to him but he just kept being really nice to me, helping me with whatever he could. I just thought of something else too. Whenever Maddie has lost a tooth, Steve won't pull it out, I don't know if it scares him or he just doesn't want to hurt her but it's pretty funny!

5. What is your favorite feature of his?
I think Steve has great legs. When he was a missionary they came over for FHE and we were playing basketball. I remember thinking, he has nice legs! I'm not a fan of skinny legs and he had lovely muscly legs.
6. What is your favorite quality of his?
He is patient and I'm not so it really helps me.
7. Does he have a nickname for you?
I don't think so, I call him poopy though.
8. Does he have a favorite colour?
He likes blue the best.
9. What is his favorite food?
One of his favourite places to eat is mongolian grill but he loves steaks as well, he's a big meat fan.

10. What is his favorite sport?
He loves to watch football, especially BYU. We always watch college football and basketball, he's lucky I like it too otherwise I think it would drive me nuts!

11. When was your first kiss?
Well, should I lie??? It was when I came over here from England, the first day! Shocking I know, good job my girls can't read. I'm sure they'll here all these stories when they're bigger though.

12. Favorite thing to do as a couple?
Well we don't do too much alone, especially now we have 4 kids. When we are alone we like to go to the movies or eat out, very original I know. Really it's just nice to spend time together without the kids needing something or fighting, it's just nice to just be together.

13. Do you have any children?
Yes 4 lovely jubblies! Three girls and our little man.

14. Does he have a hidden talent?
He's now a master canner!? hahaha! I don't know, he's just great at everything and is always so hard working.
15. How old is he?
He just turned 29 in Aug.

16. Who said I love you first?
I'm not sure, I think it was him though.

17. What's his favorite music?
He likes older stuff, like the Beatles and I think it's Stepponwolf, I don't know how to spell that! Also he likes Michael Buble right now.

18. What do you admire most about him?
He's such a great husband and wonderful father. He is so great with children and is always willing to help me them. For example last night we had a RS recipe swap at our house so he took all 4 kids with him. He's never been one of those husbands who doesn't change diapers, he's so helpful. I really could list so many things that he does for us like last week when he took the day off and ended up canning with us girls, he really is THE BEST! He's an amazing Dad and he works so hard to take care of us.
19. Do you think that he will read this?
Yes, he likes to read every ones blogs.

I really do feel very blessed to have such an amazing husband. He really helps me be a better person and is the most amazing Dad. Thanks for being YOU, we love you!

I will tag whoever wants to do this, I'm not good at picking people, plus I figure whoever wants to do it will do it anyway.

4 comments:

JaNae said...

I'm so glad that you are so happy in marriage. Steve sounds like such a great husband and dad...and what more could you want in life?!?

Jodi said...

So, I wanted to post this on your post about your parents and childhood. I just didn't get a chance. First of all what a great husband! My husband is one of those too and I agree it is amazing they still love us after our imperfect "moments."

I loved reading about your parents and childhood. It made me homesick for them and they are not even my parents. When they were over here your dad came and picked p Sid from primary and he introduced himself. He was so kind and you could tell that your kiddos adore him. I can tell you came from a wonderful home. Your kiddos (well I only know a little of Sidney) are so healthy and happy. She has such a wonderful imagination and she is already a "leader" among her peers. You are a great mama!

julie said...

I bet Steve appreciates reading this. It's always nice when we let our husbands know how much they mean to us. I should do it more!

jo said...

this is so much fun! first, it's fun to read about you and your husband's courtship and everything. but mostly i think it's a really good idea to remember all those good and exciting times with our spouses, and focus on their good qualities. looks like i'm going to have to tag myself and do this too!