Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkins

Last night we went over to Steve's parents for FHE to carve our pumpkins. We had grown our own pumpkins this year in our family garden so it was nice to be able to use them. The kids all picked the patterns they wanted and we all got to work. The pumpkins were really thick. Sydney collected a bunch of seeds, that's her latest thing to do. I made Syd's pumpkin, she picked a pattern that was hard to do because it had skinny pieces so I decided I would just scrape it out, not cut it all the way. The first picture is her pumpkin, it was a spider web with a spider. Sherisse helped Madison, she picked a princess. Last year she did Ariel and this year she picked Cinderella. Steve helped Spencer. Spencer didn't really know what he wanted so Steve just did a face. Normally Steve does really hard ones but I think this year he wasn't really in the mood. We were going to do one for Hadley too but we didn't get round to it.


It was fun to spend the evening with Steve's family. The kids love going there so they can play with their cousins and see Grandma and Grandpa. Steve really does have a great family, it's so nice to be able to live so close them. My family carved pumpkins last night as well. Poor Ruth was due to have her baby on Sunday but there is still no baby. It's funny how I'm always early and she's always late. I hope she has her baby soon though, I can't wait to see whether she'll have a boy or a girl.

4 comments:

JaNae said...

cute pumpkins....we decided to just use paint this year...maybe we'll go back to knives again when the kids get older!

Hey...does Ruth have a blog? I'd love to hear more about her family! Let me know if there's somewhere I can peek in.

Nat said...

Those are way awesome pumpkins! We always do the typical face. I'm really bad at carving. This year I'm being a Halloween Scrooge and not even doing pumpkins. Maybe next year!

Jessica said...

Your pumpkins turned out awesome! How fun!

Hilary G. said...

Your pumpkins turned out so cute, McKenzie would love it! My sister-in-law did a really cute pumpkin one year; she had her baby's foot prints on the pumpkin. It was so cute!