Saturday, June 7, 2008

Free fishing day

Today was free fishing day so Steve was all excited to take the kids. I was too until I caught Maddie's flu bug and threw up last night, then I wasn't feeling too well this morning. I still got up and got ready because I knew that Steve would need help with the kids.


So we set off and got there at around 9.30am. There was already tons of people there, a lady gave Spencer a fish that they had caught because they didn't want it so he was all happy about that. There wasn't much room but Steve found a spot and was in deep concentration trying to catch a fish. The weather wasn't very nice either, this summer has been crazy so far when it comes to weather, windy and rain, not very much fun!














I was trying to keep the kids next to us, Spencer just wanted to run around so I had to keep grabbing him all the time. Steve wasn't having too much luck and the kids were getting restless but Steve finally got a bite and tried to call us over so the kids could help him real the fish in. By the time we got over there he had lost the fish so that was sad.


We stayed for a little while longer but Syd had been needing the toilet for ages and was about to pee herself so we needed to go. Spencer needed the potty too but he wasn't shy and went right there where we were, he loves going outside now!

Needless to say we didn't catch another fish but at least someone gave Spencer a fish so we took that home and gutted it, Syd and Spencer thought that was pretty cool. We would have stayed there longer but Maddie had a soccer game at 11am so we had to rush off for that. I really don't think I could be a fisher, I don't have the patience for it, maybe most of that was because I didn't just stand there and relax, I was feeling rough and trying to stop kids from falling in the water, ah who am I kidding, I still wouldn't be patient enough!

3 comments:

Renee' P said...

Sounds like a fun event! My husband likes to fish, but hasn't caught too much. I don't fish because I can't sit there and be quiet for that long.
Sorry you were sick. Hope you're feeling better now.

Mosers said...

I love fishing, just not with kids. It's supposed to be a stress free moment! Looks like a fun weekend though!

Trisha said...

Man we missed free fishing day again. I have to keep things like that a secret from Tre it always makes him sad. Atleast, your kids enjoyed it.