Sunday, June 29, 2008

Lawn flooding fun!








Yesterday we spent the afternoon at Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's house because they flooded their lawn again. There wasn't as many of us as there had been the last time but the kids had a blast. Chris, Mir and their kids and the Paynes came over and with their help the kids started making all sorts of concoctions. Sydney and her group made a leaf, weed, worm soup of some kind and Madison and her group made mud balls, all very lovely.














Spencer had a blast! He loves to play with Grandpa and all the fun things he has in his pockets. He got to ride in Grandpa's truck too and help him do a couple of things. He also helped Grandma hose off the patio but I'm not sure it really was a help but they're always so kind. I think the thing that made his day even more was spending it with his Dad.









After everyone had left we stayed for a little while longer. Steve and the kids started finding all sorts of things. First of all they found little minnow fish, some were dead so they were added to Syd's soup and the ones that were alive they put into another bucket of water. I think the kids were most excited about finding a water snake. They followed it around for a while and then Steve caught it on a stick.














The girls were picking up worms from all over the place, Spencer tried once but wasn't really into that, he dropped it straight away telling us that it tickled. He wouldn't' touch another one after that. Maddie tried to catch a fish but ended up dropping it back in the water. I'm glad my kids aren't afraid of bugs and things, I can't say that for myself though, I hate worms, I made them stay far away from me with them.














All in all it was a wonderful day and the kids had so much fun. I know I always say this but it really is so great to have family that live close by. It's so nice to watch the kids playing there and having such a fun time. Grandma and Grandpa are always so kind to our kids and they just love them. How blessed we are to have the families that we have. It would be so nice to have my family live close by too, we're getting so excited for some of them to be here in a few weeks though, it's going to be GREAT!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I think your kids are so beautiful. They all have such cute faces and personalities. :)

Mosers said...

That looks like a lot of fun, when I was little we use to flood the yard in Arizona and my mom would freek out because all the black widdow's would float on top of the water.... Anyway, how are you feeling?

Jodi said...

Gma and Gpa Johnson's house is better than Raging Waters. So much of my family reads my blog and then they read yours on my links. They are all familiar with the house on the corner by the round about where the grandparents flood the yard for their grandkids. It is a dream come true childhood for your kiddos.

Miranda said...

Oh! I just love summer! Love all the pictures and I am sure we will see you sometime this week wading through the smelling of sunscreen and wading through the water. What would we do without G&G Johnson?

Krystal said...

hi..this is krystal jensen..we used to be in the same ward..i saw you on somebody's blog and thought i would say hi! cute blog!

Mosers said...

Kaylan has been pestering me about every white van we see, she says I have to follow them and see if it is Sydney's family. She wants to do a play day, so after the 4th is all over give me a call, Kaylan wants her to come and play for an afternoon, Spencer too, Landen would love that!