Sunday, August 24, 2008

Adding to the madness!



So one day after my Mom, Dad, sister in law Fay and niece Millie left our little baby decided to join us. I had told my Mom that once they left I would have the baby in the next couple of days and that is exactly what happened. They flew out on the Tuesday and I had her on Wednesday. We had tried lots of things to try and get her out while they were here but after they left I was kind of hoping she would wait until the weekend because I had so many things going on. I got a couple of those things done which I was glad about but I missed the girls first day at school, especially Syd’s first day of kindergarten so that was sad. They both had a great time starting school though and my mother in law and sister in law were so helpful while I was down and out!

On Wednesday 20th Aug I had a meeting for our upcoming RS Super Saturday, I was really excited about the meeting because we were picking all the fonts for the vinyl and I think that’s lots of fun. It didn’t turn out that fun for me though. We were there from 10am until around 1pm and I just kept feeling worse and worse. My stomach was hurting a bit and I was feeling some pain so I hoped I was going into labour but I didn’t know. Once I got home I got the kids lunch and I just took it easy and tried to pay attention to the timing of the pain and it was every 5 minutes. I was getting excited but at the same time I was worried it wasn’t the real thing because it felt so different to when I was in labour with the girls.

I went to the doctors and the PA checked me and I was 4cm, I had been 3cm on Monday so I had progressed a little bit. They sent me to the hospital and hooked me up and I was for sure having contractions so I was getting even more excited. After an hour they checked me again and I was 5cm so it was moving along. The doctor came and said we were for sure having a baby so he started getting everything organised for my lovely c-section. I wasn’t too thrilled about getting a c-section again but there was nothing I could do and as long as the baby was healthy I couldn't complain.

So back I went to get the c-section, it’s not my favourite thing because you just lay there and can’t see the baby afterwards which is sad. I guess the nice thing is that you don’t feel anything, well apart from feeling like you’re going to throw up which I did 3 times! It was so nice to finally find out if we had a little girl or a little boy. Steve saw and wouldn’t tell me and then I heard the doctor and nurses saying she and I was so excited. That part was out for a while but it took a minute to get her head out. Everything was out up until her nose, it was funny to listen to them trying to get the rest of her head out but finally she was out and they gave me a quick peek and off she went to checked out. She was born at 8.28pm, was 8lbs 11ozs and 21 inches long with cute chubby cheeks.

I was so glad to be able to see her properly once they got her all cleaned and even happier to hold her once I was all done being put back together. She started out looking like Spencer and Syd but she’s changing all the time. She has darker hair but I don’t think that will last but I guess we’ll see. We hadn’t decided on names, we had narrowed it down to Peyton or Hadley but while they were stitching me back up we both said we didn’t think she looked like a Peyton . It took us a bit longer to think of a middle name. I was trying to use one of my families names this time but none seemed to go. We had mentioned using mine but I wasn’t too sure about it but it seemed to go the best so finally we had a whole name, Hadley Jane Pettingill.

All in all it went great and I was so glad to be done. The only sad part was that my family left right before we had her. My Mom might come back with my brother this fall/winter but we’re not sure yet. Well we now have 4 children, how nuts! I was looking at a picture of all 4 of them last night and it kind of hit me more, wow, I have 4 kids!!! They’re all getting so big, Spencer seems huge now. It really is so great to be a Mom, I feel so blessed to be able to have such amazing kids and an amazing husband who takes care of all of us. He’s been so great helping me with everything and his family are amazing as well, what a great blessing to have such a wonderful family. I’m so happy to have our little Hadley here, she’s so beautiful and tiny. It’s going to be so much fun to watch her learn and grow and get attacked by her siblings! They just love her and love to give her kisses and hold her. Heavenly Father, thank you so much for letting me be a Mom, it’s the greatest and I wouldn’t trade it for anything, I’m so lucky!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Congratulations Zoe & Steve!!! Baby #4! I still can't believe how big Madison is now, I remember when she was the little baby and I would watch her up in the Interior Design lab while you (Zoe) went to class. I'll have to send you the pictures I found of her and you two!
Anyway.... congrats again!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a sweet little girl. I'm so happy for you Zoe that things went well. Good luck with healing and bonding and getting back in the groove. You're awesome and I love you. Hugs and kisses
Diana