Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back Home


I got home on Saturday afternoon which was sooo nice! It was nice to be in the hospital so I could relax and get taken care of but by Saturday I was so ready to be back at home again. Before going home we picked up my prescription and then we were on our way. We went straight to Steve's parents house because all the kids were there. They were so happy that Hadley and I were home and so was I.

Everyone wanted to hold Hadley, Maddie wanted to hold her all the time but I had to keep telling her that she'll be able to hold her all the time so she needed to let other people hold her aswell. Grandma Pettingill even came over to see Hadley so that was really nice.

The kids were all playing nicely but all of a sudden we heard Spencer crying downstairs. It wasn't a normal cry, you could tell something was wrong. He came upstairs telling us that he was broken. Steve rushed over to get him, his finger looked all crazy. Spencer was just freaking out the whole time so we couldn't look at it. He finally fell asleep due to it being nap time and giving him some tylenol. It didn't look too good so we decided to take him in to get it looked at, we were worried maybe he had broken it. After being gone a while they came back and thankfully he hadn't broken his finger but it was pretty mashed up, poor little thing!

Sherisse's ward had a carnival that night so Steve took the kids while Hadley and I stayed at home. It was so nice to be back home again. I got some things organised and just relaxed. My neighbour Shera came over to see Hadley, she gave us these cute onesies and this lovely blanket which I've already being using (the gift was from her and my other friend Hilary).

Our first night back at home wasn't too bad apart from Hadley spitting up some blood. We got worried so we called the doctor but he wasn't there so we called Steve's parents as well. We think maybe it was from me but I don't know. She hasn't done that since so hopefully that's all it was, we'll be keeping an eye on that though. She's been eating about every 3 hours, sometimes almost 4 which has been nice. She eats really well too but she has a hard time burping sometimes so she gets sad about that.

Today Steve took the kids to church so they got baths, we also gave Hadley a little bath. She wasn't too thrilled about that but she looked lovely and clean afterwards. It's just so nice to have her here, the kids love her. This morning they were all surrounding her giving her kisses, it was so cute. Then as soon as they came home from church they were on the attack again, it's so funny. I'm sure more stories will come but for now enjoy the pictures!

7 comments:

Miranda said...

Oh Zoe! She so fits into your family! I can't wait to come meet her! We sat behind Steve at church and your kids were so good for him! What a great Dad! Glad all is well sorry about Spencer's finger. I couldn't get the slide show to load so I just clicked on view all images. Thought I would let you know so everyone can see your baby!

Nat said...

What a cutie! She looks just like your other kids. I'm glad everything is well for you and your little one. My boys still want to hold Ivy and see her all the time. I hope it never wears off! At first it was like sharing a toy: "Okay, you get to hold her for five minutes, then it's your brother's turn..."

Carol said...

Zoe she is adorable. Well done.

Katy said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

jo said...

she is so adorable! already her hair is so light! can't wait to see her in person! hope you're doing well.

Mosers said...

Poor Spencer...tell him I think he's a tough guy... I think Hadley looks like Spencer! I can't wait to see you! I hope you are feeling better... almost 1 week.. wow time flies!

julie said...

What a cute girl! I love the chubby cheeks! My first two were born with chubby cheeks and plenty of chub elsewhere. Little girls are so wonderful!