Saturday, August 16, 2008

Still waiting!

So yesterday I was feeling so done with being pregnant, plus it was Steve's birthday so I thought it would be a great day to have the baby so I called my doctor to ask one more time if he could give me a c-section before my family left. He told me to meet him at the hospital and he would see how I was doing. I got on the monitors once again, I wasn't really having any contractions but he checked me and was about 3-4cms dilated so I was thinking, maybe! Well we stayed there for a while and I even was able to get an ultra sound so they could see how big the baby was and it looked big! The said it was about 8lbs 15ozs from their measurements but they can be off by 21ozs either way. He or she did look like they had pretty chubby cheeks though so it'll be interesting to see how big the baby will be when it decides to come out. Well the doctor checked me again but I was the same, I have changed since Tuesday when I was 2cm so that's good but because I still have 2 1/2 weeks left and I wasn't having contractions or progressing he couldn't do it. Well at least I gave it a try but now we'll just have to wait and see if the baby decides to come out or if we just have a scheduled c-section in about 11 days. I need to get walking around everywhere, we tried bowling yesterday but it didn't work this time but I did whoop on everyone so at least that was fun!

4 comments:

Mosers said...

Hey, I do know that "personal time" with your spouse will cause you to dialate and soften more...plus it can cause contractions to start.... I"m not even dialated so it sounds like you will beat me to the labor and delivery room... :( Walk a lot too... that can cause more pressure and if you walk when the baby is active it may cause enough "tightness" to break your water

Miranda said...

I feel so bad that your Mom will probably miss the baby, by just a few days! Darnit!

JaNae said...

This waiting game is the worst part...hang in there! I'm in such suspense to find out if it's a girl or a boy. Every time I see that you have a new post I think that the baby must have arrived...how can a day feel like a year, huh?

Say hi to your family for me.

jo said...

hang in there, zoe! i probably shouldn't have said "no baby yet, huh?" today when i saw you at church. sorry about that.