Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Big Brother


Spencer is so funny! He's such a good big brother and loves to hold his sister. Every time he holds her he always says, it's okay, I'm here or brother's here, don't worry. It's so cute to see him try and be so soft with her with his big boy hands. I was changing both their diapers the other day and it made him look so HUGE! Steve and I have both agreed that once I get back to normal I need to potty train him. It's crazy how big he is getting, he's such a lovely boy even though he is getting a little sassy! I don't know if that's the right word for a boy but he's getting a little cheeky but he's 2 1/2 so I don't know what else I would expect. I'm looking forward to being able to drive around again so I can take him on dates and spoil him a little so he doesn't feel left out seen as though the girls have started school and Hadley gets a lot of attention. I've always liked to take the youngest kids on dates while their siblings are at school, it's been lots of fun to spend that time with them.

Here are some pictures we took last night of Hadley, she's so cute, even though she likes to pee and poop everywhere. I was changing her on Monday night and she did one of those that kept going while I was in the middle of changing her. Well I thought she was done but I was wrong because when I went to put the other diaper under her she started to poo and pee everywhere so I tried to catch it but it still went everywhere. The kids thought that was pretty funny which it was really. Ahh, the fun of having a new born, it's GREAT!




8 comments:

Jodi said...

She is so beautiful. It is amazing the amount of stuff that can come out of such a little body. I have never been peed, pooped, and thrown up on so much in my entire life. Aaah the joys of motherhood.

Layton Mom said...

She is so adorable. I think it is so sweet when the "big" kids want to help, especially the boys.

Carol said...

Oh bless him what a sweetheart.

It is funny when you have two in nappies suddenly you feel like youre changing a 10 year old or something when you change you older child.

Nat said...

For a while I was doing three in diapers, and it was insane. Ivy peed on my bed when I was in the hospital when I was changing her. I was kind of embarrassed to call the people to change my bed, since it was my 4th child. You'd think I'd be used to having everything all ready for a quick change by now!

I love that Spencer loves to hold her. It's so fun when the older brother thing kicks in-they can be so protective.

Renee' P said...

Sounds like you are having lots of fun w/a newborn. My son is also 2 1/2 and I can't wait for him to be potty trained.
Your Hadley is so beautiful!!

Miranda said...

She is so cute and the picture with Spencer is very sweet! I can't wait till tomorrow! I am so looking forward to her shoot!

Mosers said...

they are so cute together! I wish Landen was more soft and less wiggly!

Jamie said...

I can't believe you have 4! She is so beautiful! Good Luck!!!!