Thursday, August 7, 2008

Baby names!

So the past few days we've been in Utah and I thought the trip down there would be the prime time to talk to Steve about baby names as we still haven't come up with anything. The talk on the way down didn't go too well, we're both so stubborn, he doesn't like my names and I don't like his so it's been interesting.

Anyway on the way home yesterday we started talking about it again but this time it went way better. I told him the two names I liked the most from his list were Austin and Owen. He then told me that he didn't like Owen that much anymore so we were stuck with only one name I liked. I told him that seen as though I had agreed on one of his names, he had to agree on one of mine and then we would decide between the two when the baby is born. So the name he said he liked from my list is Jackson but here's the funny part. When I had Madison, we decided her middle name would be Lee but I wanted to spell it like this 'Leigh.' Anyway he wouldn't let me because he said no weird spellings. The same thing happened with Sydney, I was thinking about spelling it a little different, maybe with two e's at the end or something but he wouldn't let me do that either. So, when he told me he liked Jackson he said he'd like to spell it like this 'Jaxon.' I thought that was hilarious because he would never let me spell names differently before, he's so funny.

For girls names we had always agreed on Peyton and that's what I thought we were going to go with so I was glad that we had one name at least. Well, I was wrong because a few weeks ago Steve realised that her initials would be PP and he didn't like that. So now we don't know what to do. I really like the name Hadley and so does he but his worry about that is we'll end up calling her Had and Haddie, just like the nick names we use for Madison, Mad and Maddie. So who knows what we're going to do there, either name has something we're not sure about but they're the two we like.

So, whenever this little one decides to pop out we at least have names, we're just not sure which we'll use. If we have a boy it'll be Austin or Jaxon and if we have a girl it will be Peyton or Hadley. I'm just so glad we both finally agreed on some names. Now all we have to do is wait until he or she is born and see what we think! I'm really hoping next Friday is the day, it's Steve's birthday and it would be so nice to have the baby before my family leave. The baby is still breach right now which I've been worried about because Spencer was too and because my water broke they couldn't turn him so I had to get a c-section, I really don't want one again but I guess we'll see.

4 comments:

Nat said...

All of those names sound great! I have a weird initial thing, too; when we had Brock we thought of having his middle name be Richard, for my dad, but then his initials would have been BRP (burp). His middle name ended up being Adam-just because. Although Ivy is Ivy Marie, so her initials are IMP. Go figure. And Troy's, without his middle name, is TP. Oh well; I think that initials aren't as big a deal as the flow of the name, like Ima Gurl or something like that.

Mosers said...

Good luck with the baby names....We've had Payton for so long...now I've been second guessing myself... it looks like I will be induced on the 23rd if nothing else happens...which is probably going to be the case! We'll see...call me and good luck!

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

thats is soo funny, we had jackson on our list since it was my maiden name, but i wanted to spell it Jaxon, and dayna said no, if i was gonna have it i had to spell it my maiden name way.. I LOVE LOVE Hadley, it's sooo cute, i really like Peyton too though. i also love Owen... infact all your names are supercute. I can't wait!!

ps i love the girls dresses, are they from home?, iwill have to get my mum to go search them out for me !lol

julie said...

My sister's middle name is Leigh. Tell Steve's it's not a wierd spelling! What is a little wierd is that they named their first daughter Emileigh (Emily) so she would be kind of named after my sister, I guess.