Friday, May 16, 2008

He's a real little man now!

So today we decided to go and visit Steve's Grandparents who are in our ward. Maddie was at school so I just had Spencer and Sydney. They were having a great time and Spencer didn't want to leave so I went to get Madison and then we stayed there for another 3 hours. It was a great afternoon and the weather was lovely.

Apart from being such a wonderful day I think the best part of my day today was Spencer's new discovery!

Trudy's (Trudy is our relative that lives behind Steve's Grandparents) grandson Cole needed to go potty while we were at Grandma's so we told him to go by the tree. He's almost 3 so he knows all about going potty outside and thinks it's great fun. Anyway just after we had told Cole to go potty by the tree Spencer decided he wanted to join Cole in this manly venture!

So Cole went potty and Spencer watched patiently and then when he was done Spencer decided it was his turn. Spencer took his shorts off then his diaper and started to pee. He's not potty trained yet but he goes potty at home when ever he feels like it so he kind of knew what he was doing. It was so funny to watch him though because he would kind of lean back and then he would try again. Of course he wouldn't put his diaper back on and was trying to go potty for about 10 minutes. We got a picture but it wasn't very modest and we thought we'd save him that embarrassment even though I guess he wasn't very embarrassed about running around Grandma's half naked!

After tinkling here and there around the pine tree like a puppy he decided he would try and go number two but I didn't think that was a very good idea so I quickly took him in the house and we did that on the toilet. Even once we got back outside he wanted to keep trying to pee, it was so funny.

When Steve got there after work we were telling him about it and showing him the picture, which by the way Spencer was saying a nice big cheese when it was taken! Steve said, "well it won't be long until he's standing at the ditch bank with his cousins, seeing who can pee the highest or the furthest".

Well that was my fun day, I guess what I learned from that is that boys really are VERY different from girls. Well I guess I already knew that but today just helped reconfirm it even more. It was pretty cute though!

3 comments:

Mosers said...

That is pretty funny, my sister in law has 3 boys and that is how all three of them learned to potty train...outside, it was different once the snow came though! :)

Mary said...

Sounds like a fun day for you ... you are so lucky to have a little boy. :)

Miranda said...

I heard your story yesterday, but I didn't realize he wasn't potty trained, that makes it even funnier! Don't you just love having such wonderful grandparents so close!