Friday, May 23, 2008

I'm going to count at you!

So I got home last night after eating out with the girls from our neighbourhood. I was pretty full and my already big belly felt even bigger so I was trying to relax, laying on Steve's lap. Spencer had been asking for his apple juice and I was waiting for Steve to get it but that wasn't happening. Next thing I know I feel this fast spray in my hair, then the smell hit me! Obviously Spencer didn't want to wait any longer so he had to get my attention somehow. He had found the sun tan spray on the counter and decided that the best way to make Mommy get up was to give a nice big spray of it in my hair, it was so funny!

He's such a little character. Yesterday he was all over the place, we're still trying to do the whole potty training, it's going okay but we'll see how much longer I can last! Anyway he had made a mess in the girls room with these bright orange crackers and then he got an orange and was stabbing it with this plastic knife. I didn't know he was doing that until he came and found me. When I took him to the kitchen there was sticky orange juice all over floor, just what I wanted to clean up? I was telling him how naughty that was and he replied by telling me, "I'm going to count at you". Obviously he's learning something, even if it's not going potty he sure knows that when you're in trouble we count!

It's just so hard to get mad at him though because he's so cute. We were at Steve's parents the other day and he kept pushing on their screen door so I was telling him off. Then I said if he did it again he was going time out. Obviously he did it again so I went to get him and he started running around the table so I had to try and chase him in all my pregnantness! He was just laughing and laughing, thinking it was hilarious, I had to turn away at one point because he was making me laugh. Why are they so cute, especially at those times when you're trying to tell them off? What a cheeky monkey, but he's just so cute!

2 comments:

Carol said...

What a cheeky monkey!! I know it so hard not to laugh sometimes but you know if you do it'll be big trouble!! I say it's a good job they're cute with it or else we prob wouldn't be so tolerant!

Jessica said...

I love this! He must be the same age as my Ella. They seem to have similar personalities right now.