Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Nameless child!

I know we have 3 months left until our baby arrives but this whole name thing has been driving me NUTS! Steve thinks it's fine and we have plenty of time but he said that about 2 years ago when we started trying to get pregnant and now we only have 3 months left and we still have no names, well no boy name anyway!

So, we think we're going to name the baby Peyton if we have a girl, not sure how we'd spell it yet though. I'm sure it would just be the way I spelt it though because Steve doesn't like to spell things differently. I tried to spell Maddies middle name which is Lee, like this, Leigh but he wouldn't let me. Anyway at least we have a name if we have a girl I guess but the whole boy name is a whole other story.

I've been asking him for ages to think of names for a boy because he doesn't like any of the ones I've suggested. We had been thinking about Hyrum, well at least I thought we had. I told him the other day that I thought we should just go for Hyrum and he said no! He had told me that he liked that name but I guess that wasn't true because he went on to say how he would never call his son that and he wouldn't want to be called that either. I told him that he shouldn't tell me he likes a name if he really doesn't, I was a little upset because I was getting used to the idea of Hyrum.

Anyway on Sunday he finally wrote a list of names he liked so I looked through it and it made me laugh because he had written 2 names that I had on my list and he had told me he didn't like any of my names. When I asked him about it he said, "well I thought that one was okay so I wrote it". What a nutter! He makes me laugh though so that's good I guess. Anyway last night while we were in bed he said he'd been looking at my list of names again and he said he didn't mind two of them which he said were Jackson and Joshua. I've always really liked Joshua and he has told me how much he doesn't like it so I was surprised so I asked him about it and he said, "well I like Josh, not Joshua". HOW ANNOYING!!! Why tell me you like Johsua when you don't, I couldn't help but laugh!

So I guess the names we're thinking about now are Jackson and the one name I liked that Steve picked was Austin. I'm sure these names may change and Steve will tell me he really doesn't like them but what can you do? I guess we have 3 more months and maybe we'll just have a girl and it will make life a lot easier, well for the moment I guess, not the future as girls are WAY more emotional than boys! Truthfully I really don't mind if we have a girl or a boy, just as long as they're healthy. I just like to be prepared and have the names, one of the many differences between Steve and I, I'm always trying to be organised and he just think everything will be okay and we'll have time which I'm sure is true. I guess that's why you marry someone who has different ideas, it helps you learn and think things in a different way, however I still would like to have a name for our poor baby!

3 comments:

Mosers said...

Ok, so I'm laughing my head off at this blog. I can't get Jason to agree on a name. We know it's a boy (at least that's what we think we saw,) and I've been calling him Payton this whole time, and that's what the kids are calling him too, so you think it might stick right. The other day I caught him calling him Payton, and called him on it.... what do you think he did, "no I haven't decided yet." We both have nutter hubby's. He wants to wait and see the baby first. I like Jackson, my sister in law and step sister both named their boys that only spelled it Jaxon. And I've always wanted Austin but my cousins kids name is Austin.
Good luck on the baby naming thing. Jason has settled on calling him " the baby"

Renee' P said...

I have never had the pleasure to name our son except for his middle name. A name is important and you'll find one. Maybe you'll have to wait until the baby is born to see which name fits him/her. Good luck with the naming.

Miranda said...

Boy are our hubbies cousins or what! I feel like I am reading about my own dilemma from Isaac's pregnancy! Boy names are hard cause Dad's seem more concerned with naming a boy! I like both but I must warn you I have heard a lot of Jaxon's are busy kids. If you believe all that jinxed stuff!