Wednesday, May 28, 2008

She's getting so big!

This is Maddie with her friend Alex on their first day of Kindergarten.

Today was Madison's last day of school. I can't believe it's already over, it only seems like yesterday that she started kindergarten. She's learnt so much this year and has changed a lot too. She's always been such a good girl and still is but now with a little more attitude. She's 6 1/2 now and sometimes thinks she's 16! She's so funny to watch, singing along with Hannah Montana or High School Musical, those are her favourites. We were at the store yesterday and she was looking at the Hannah Montana barbies, the ones that sing and there she was singing away in the store. She loves to sing, I think she gets that love from me!

During this school year she has lost her 2 front bottom teeth, she made the 100 club in her class, that was one of her first goals when she got into kindergarten, she practised and practised until she got it. She's learning to read, she's doing so good. I wasn't the most patient teacher when it came to reading but she was patient with me and is ready good now. She's had a couple of crushes this year, it's so funny to see her get so embarrassed about it, she's so cute. She's played volleyball, soccer and is now getting ready for a fun filled summer of t-ball and swimming.

I know I'm bias but I think she's so beautiful! I feel so lucky to be her Mom. I wish sometimes I was a better Mom, I'm learning all the time and I know I'll never be perfect. The time just goes by so fast and I feel like I sometimes don't pay as much attention to my kids as I should with all the other craziness going on in life. It doesn't seem like that long ago since she started preschool and soon she'll be in 1st grade, it's CRAZY! She really is a wonderful little girl, always trying to be helpful and she's so excited to have this new baby. She keeps telling me all the things she can help with, she's going to be so good.

Anyway I love my little Madison, she's such a wonderful big sister and daughter. How blessed I am to have her and all my children. I may get stressed with them sometimes but that's my downfall not theirs. They're just learning as I know I am but they mean the world to me and I feel so blessed to be their Mom. What a great thing my Heavenly Father blessed me with, to be a Mom! I guess today just made me realise more than ever that I need to make the most of each day and don't wish time away because my little baby is now 6 1/2 and it only seems like yesterday that we had her.

This is Maddie after her last day of kindergarten.

1 comments:

Miranda said...

Isn't it amazing how fast time goes, Maddie is such a sweetheart and always so concerned with others. Livi loves her!